Podcast Highlights: Great Discussions and Sweet Short Fiction
If you’ve a mind to listen, here are a few bits of audio goodness from around the internet.
- Mentor by Sean Eads over at PseudoPod. It’s grim and troubling and well worth listening to.
- StarShipSofa No. 223 – Jason Sanford Special over at, well, the StarShipSofa. I like Sanborn’s overall sensibilities. He’s a talented writer who seems humble and accessible.
- Window Clear as a Mirror by Ferret Steinmetz over at PodCastle. A classic “what if” story with a splash of absurdism.
- Interview with Kari Herbert, daughter of polar explorer, Sir Wally Herbert over at Litopia After Dark. I’d never heard of Herbert before, but her story is quite interesting and the discussion delves into the human psyche and how it deals with adverse conditions.
- Interview with Arthur Goldwag, author of The New Hate over at The Bat Segundo Show. If you’ve happened to be around a computer or TV or radio over the last decade, you’ve caught at least a glimpse of The New Hate. A particularly calm, sane discussion about a topic that is anything but.
- And the particularly creepy, God of the Razor by Joe R. Lansdale over at Tales to Terrify. Check out the dude’s shoes.
If you’ve got some time to kill or need some company while you drive or work or occupying various administration buildings, check them out.